Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Time

Today as we were listening to conference and over the past few days really, I have been thinking about what the atonement means to me personally. Before I knew that our savior bled and died for us. I knew that he felt all the pains of the world but I never knew how to apply that to my own life. How to apply the atonement in other areas of my life not just repentance. After much thought I have begun to understand how to do just that. The atonement goes so much farther than just repentance. Christ, understanding and having felt every pain, must know the struggles of everyday life for us. For me personally, it gives me the imagery (okay this is the gospel according to Steffany not necessarily doctrine) that every time I pray and plead and ask for help, every time I tell him how bad something hurts, or how dissapointed I am he comforts me and then jots everything down on a to-be-discussed list. I know that one day I will be able to reconcile any hurt feelings and dissapointments I have had with him and that whatever couldn't be made better in this life will be made better in the next. I know that there will be a day when he explains why things happened the way they did. All I have to be now, is faithful. If there is one thing I know without any doubt it is the love that Heavenly Father has for his children. The love he has for me. I have been so blessed to have seen his hand so closely in my life. Sometimes I think to myself "how on earth did I get here!?!" and I know that it is because of the atonement and the love he has for me. Just a little thought on Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Steff, we are so proud of you and Kevin. You guys are going to go far and not just because you are moving to Texas:D Get it? Any way, hope the toilet stays fixed.
    -David

    ReplyDelete