Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Break!!!!

Well I am writing this a little late but oh well. Last week was spring break and it was pretty amazing I have to say. Since I work for the school district I got the whole week off and my wonderful husband surprised me with a trip to Denver for a couple of days before we headed off to California. Denver was so fun! It was so nice to be with my family. We ate food, watched movies, played wii and of course did a little shopping. I am especially glad that I got to be with them a little before Kevin and I take off for Texas... which is in a couple weeks! EEEK!!! The day after I got back from Denver, Kevin and I set off for California. It was fantastic! The weather was great and there were palm trees! I love palm trees! We got to the beach a little bit late in the evening so it was pretty chilly but still beautiful. The next day we finally got to use our free Disneyland passes!!! WOO HOO! Amazing. It was my first time and I loved it. I didn't really care for Pirates but I loved Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. The weather was pretty nice that day which made up for the crowds and I was in good company so I didn't mind having to wait in line. The cutest ride there (I think) was the Haunted Mansion. So cute! and the effects were pretty cool. I don't care if I sound like a geek. It was so whimsical. The actors dressed up as the Disney characters seemed to weird me out at first. I didn't know what to think. But seeing all the little kids get excited was pretty cute. On Friday we went to Hollywood, but took a more round about way by taking the pacific coast highway. It was so beautiful one of the most scenic rides I have been on. We stopped in Malibu to get a picture and I can't believe people live the way they do in houses that big, in a place that pretty... I am sure there are prettier places though and bigger houses too somewhere. Hollywood was okay. We didn't have much time but we made the most of it by getting some tasty ice cream and people watching.
As for now, we are counting down the days for the big move. Trying to get things in order. I don't know how I feel. I am really excited that we will be so close to the temple and that we will be more in the mission field. I hope that I can immerse myself in the ward and create a little texas ward family for us. At the same time I don't think it has hit that it is a permanent move!!! I am sure it will hit when we get down there and I get lost trying to find the grocery store or something. Then it will be like "wow, your not in Provo anymore." I do know though that we are supposed to go there. I believe that this is where Heavenly Father wants us and that we will progress a lot there. Anyways till the next post!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had so much fun.Life should be such. Yes you will do fine in Texas and you will love it! What a great opportunity. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom you are reading my blog! YAY! I knew if I had one loyal follower it would be you!!!

    ReplyDelete