Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanks for the Memories!!!

I was reminiscing last night about all the wonderful memories I have of my parents. I don't know why but lately that seems to be what I think about when I think about home. So here goes!!!!

1. My earliest memory is when I was a little girl being chased around the house by my mom who I think was trying to tickle me. Finally she caught me and I can remember giggling like a little mad woman.

2. I remember rocking with my Dad in our rocking chair listening to rock music. Everytime I hear Elton John or John Denver I think of rocking with my Dad in the rocking chair wrapped up in my blankey.

3. I remember multiple times where my mom would break into dance and dance with me in the kitchen, it never failed it would always make me laugh.

4. The memory of picking up my Dad from work and jamming out to the Black Eyed Peas.... awesome.

5. When I was a teenager and super depressed my mom decorated and cleaned my room for me complete with butterfly net, Christmas lights and awesomeness.

6. One year I got this awesome pair of jeans from Santa aka Mom and Dad. They had flowers on the bottom and were one of the first pairs of "flares" I had. My Mom told me that my Dad picked them out for me. I thought that it was so cool that my Dad picked them out. I remember I wore them pretty much everyday and they made me feel like I fit in with the other girls at school. Thanks Dad!!!!

7. Making fun of all the girls who bullied me at school with my Mom in the car! You know you and your Mom did it too!!!!

8.When I got married my Dad congratulated me and was crying I could tell he was so proud of me for getting married in the temple. I think that was one of the only times if not the first time I saw him cry.

These are some of the memories I have, of course there are many many more. But these always put a smile on my face when I am feeling down, homesick, or reminiscent. I thought it was fitting to put something like this up in light of the holiday season. What are you grateful for? For me it's these memories and many more and hopefully more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment